During this week, many will celebrate Thanksgiving Day. Though often thought of as a single day, however, it should be a way of life. The goal is to look past the single day and see something greater. C S Lewis described this ability to see beyond something immediate as a tenet of Christian Faith:
I hope you will see beyond a single day filled with family traditions. It is much larger. It is a way of existing where one is thankful for all they have received. See beyond. See a God who gave himself in Jesus Christ for your benefit…and be thankful.
This week’s reading:
- Monday – 2 Corinthians 1
- Tuesday – 2 Corinthians 2
- Wednesday – 2 Corinthians 3
- Thursday – 2 Corinthians 4
- Friday – 2 Corinthians 5
- Traveling mercies over the holiday season.
- The St. Paul Church family.
- Those who are unwillingly absent.
- Those who are grieving and depressed.
- The United Methodist Church.
- Our nation and our leaders.
- The World.