An old saint once said:
“Doctors sometimes learn about a person’s health by looking at the tongue. The tongue can also be a guide to diagnosing the condition of the soul. Our hand quickly moves to the location of pain, and our tongue goes for what we like. If we are truly in love with God, we will speak frequently of him in ordinary conversation. ‘The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, and the tongue he speaks with is just’ (Psalm 37:30).”
What does your tongue reveal about the condition of your soul? Is it pleasing? Is it embarrassing? Maybe a little of both.
In the end, if we want to change our tongue, we have to change our heart. Focus this week on a changed heart. Invite God into your desires. Allow the Holy Spirit to work within you.
This week’s reading:
- Monday – 1 Corinthians 12
- Tuesday – 1 Corinthians 13
- Wednesday – 1 Corinthians 14
- Thursday – 1 Corinthians 15
- Friday – 1 Corinthians 16
Please Pray for:
- Leaders and participants of St. Paul summer activities.
- The Ukraine Mission Team as they travel to Ukraine and abroad. (Click this link to get a list of needs.)
- Unwillingly absent members.
- Those grieving the loss of loved ones.
- Our new mayor and city leaders.
- Our families, homes, workplace, church, and community.
- Ongoing Building Renovations, Modifications, and Phase 3: Construction of New Youth Building and rear parking.