In the 2nd Century, Aristedes gave this witness to Emperor Hadrian when asked about Christians: “Truly this is a new people, and there is something divine in them.” Do you believe that there is something divine in you? Though we would theologically agree with Aristedes, I wonder if we live that way?
This week, would you do things differently if you believed that there is something divine in you? If so, what would be different? Paul reminds us of who we are as a people of faith in 2 Corinthians 5:17: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here.”
Because of faith in Christ, the divine is in you! Now, live accordingly.
This week’s reading:
- Monday – Mark 1, Mark 2
- Tuesday – Mark 3, Mark 4
- Wednesday – Mark 5, Mark 6
- Thursday – Mark 7, Mark 8
- Friday – Mark 9, Mark 10
Please Pray for:
- Those who are grieving and depressed.
- Those who are unwillingly absent.
- Our families, homes, workplace, church, and community.
- Our nation and our leaders.
- Ongoing Building Renovations, Modifications, and Phase 3: Completion of New Youth Building and rear parking.
- The United Methodist Church.