- Close your eyes and remind yourself that God loves you. Recall a favorite passage like 1 Peter 5:7, “Cast your cares on him, he cares for you.”
- Keeping your eyes closed, imagine God calling your name and asking you what it is you desire most.
- Answer God. It could be a single word or a sentence. “Lord, I want…” There are no wrong answers because the answer rises out of your concerns.
- Now, focus on an image of God: Teacher, Lord, King, Healer, Creator, Shepherd, etc.
- You now have your Breath Prayer. For Instance:
– Eternal King, Help me to love and forgive my friend (or)
– Healer, Bring comfort to my hurting friend…
Throughout this day and the week to come, constantly pray your prayer.
This week’s reading:
Wednesday – Acts 4
Thursday – Acts 5
Friday – Acts 6, 7
For all those who have influenced your life – Give thanks.
For the St. Paul Community and the loss of many loved ones.