Join us this Wednesday for Dinner and a Blessing. Following Family Night Supper, we will join our Youth as they lead us in a time of worship on the site of the new building. Click here to make reservations for dinner.
I have a child who loves acting. Broadway is her happy place. When she performs, she radiates a sense of joy and fulfillment. Unfortunately, there is a side of acting that has nothing to do with the stages, sets, comedies, or tragedies. It is the false reality where most people live.
For instance, when there is a reluctance to admit weaknesses, we inadvertently live a lie. Often we pretend everything is okay, only to hide behind the mask of competence, self-sufficiency, and perfection. The unintended consequence is isolation from those who are closest to us. Fearful that someone would notice that we don’t have-it-all-together, we exhaust our energy maintaining this false reality.
The remedy is to do the one thing we think will be the most painful: Admit/Confess our weaknesses. If we do, we think it will bring the whole house down. What we think will be painful actually becomes the means to freedom.
As you begin this week, take a moment to center yourself before God. Pray this prayer:
O God, you are always more ready to hear than I’m ready to share. Help me to come out of the shadows of the false reality that I have created. Lord, help me to be authentic and live knowing that any level of perfection stems from you in me and not what I generate. Lord, as I live each minute in this week to come, strengthen me to be comfortable in my own skin knowing that I’m loved first by you. Cover me with your love and acceptance. Amen.
This week’s reading:
- Monday – 1 Thessalonians 5
- Tuesday – 2 Thessalonians 1
- Wednesday –2 Thessalonians 2
- Thursday – 2 Thessalonians 3
- Friday – Romans 1
Please Pray for:
- The United Methodist Church
- Our families, homes, workplace, church, and community.
- Our nation and our leaders.
- Those grieving the loss of loved ones.
- Ongoing Building Renovations, Modifications, and Phase 3: Construction of New Youth Building and rear parking.
- Upcoming activities and studies planned for this fall/winter.