Lately I have been captivated by Acts 2, especially the beginning of Peter’s sermon right after the giving of the Holy Spirit. Peter said, “God publicly endorsed Jesus the Nazarene by doing powerful miracles, wonders, and signs through him, as you well know. But God knew what would happen, and his prearranged plan was carried out when Jesus was betrayed. With the help of lawless Gentiles, you nailed him to a cross and killed him. But God released him from the horrors of death and raised him back to life, for death could not keep him in its grip” (Acts 2:22-24).
My thoughts are drawn to the first and last verses. What comes to your mind when you read, “God publicly endorsed?” How about when you read, “…for death could not keep him in its grip?” Meditate on these two powerful statements. What is God speaking to you when you read Peter’s words?
This week’s reading:
- Monday – Acts 12
- Tuesday – Acts 13
- Wednesday – Acts 14
- Thursday – Acts 15
- Friday – Acts 16
Please Pray for:
- The St. Paul Church family as we prepare our hearts and minds for for fall activities & studies.
- Those who are unwillingly absent.
- Those who are grieving and depressed.
- Ongoing Building Renovations, Modifications.
- The United Methodist Church.
- Our nation and our leaders.
- The World.