Gratitude enlarges one’s capacity for delight. When one expresses gratitude, one experiences more joy, more happiness, more peace, and is better attuned to what God wants to bestow independent of circumstances. When one expresses gratitude, one finds delight in the goodness of God.
Therefore, our task this week is to find ways to express our gratitude. For some, it might be written reflections in a journal. For another, gratitude might be expressed vocally to a friend or family member. Yet for another, it might be the daily naming of one single thing that brings joy. Perhaps for another, it is a list of things most thankful for that hangs on a refrigerator. The key is to find a way to express your gratitude to God and others. Don’t wait or put it off. Begin today.
James 1:7 says, “Every generous act of giving, with every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.”
This week’s reading:
- Monday – Romans 2
- Tuesday – Romans 3
- Wednesday – Romans 4
- Thursday – Romans 5
- Friday – Romans 6
Please Pray for:
- The United Methodist Church
- Our families, homes, workplace, church, and community.
- Our nation and our leaders.
- Those suffering due to catastrophic natural disasters.
- Ongoing Building Renovations, Modifications, and Phase 3: Construction of New Youth Building and rear parking.