Our capacities for compassion are deepened when we stay grounded in the sacred truth of our belovedness. Did you know that is how God sees you? So often we forget and start believing the lies that we are not worthy of love. We seek the source of value in our work, wealth, physical appearance, and in others while deep within, a longing lingers. We long for the face of God to remind us of His care.
The walking with God invites us to remember that our belovedness is as secure as the air we breathe. It is the ground on which we have our being. In fact, God’s face is smiling as we speak. We deepen our connection with this compassionate God in various ways — prayer, meditation, solitude, retreat, worship, ritual, fellowship, and community. Every moment we recall God’s grace in our life, we connect with God’s presence in the world. Beloved! Look for God’s grace in your life. Know of his love.
This week’s reading:
- Monday – Titus 2
- Tuesday – Titus 3
- Wednesday – Jude
- Thursday – Philemon
- Friday – Hebrews 1
- Please Pray for:
- All Saints’ Sunday and all those gone before us.
- Our nation and our leaders
- Our families, homes, workplace, church, and community
- Those that are suffering and grieving.
- Ongoing Building Renovations, Modifications, and Phase 3: Construction of New Youth Building and rear parking.
- The United Methodist Church.