When we read the Gospels we discover that Jesus was moved with compassion. To Jesus, the crowds were “sheep without a shepherd.” Compassion comes from perception. How do you see the people around you? What do you see when you are in traffic, at the ballpark, or in the grocery store? This week, pay attention to how you see another. What do you see? What do you perceive?
Some will say, “I see thieves, liars, adulterers, gossipers, back-stabbers, and people who are no good.” Honestly, so did Jesus. Actually when you think about it, we all are to some degree; yet, Jesus was moved with compassion when he looked at us. Maybe Jesus was able to see pass the exterior and perceive something worth having compassion. How about you?
This week’s reading:
- Monday – John 1
- Tuesday – John 2, John 3, John 4
- Wednesday – John 5, John 6
- Thursday – John 7, John 8
- Friday – John 9, John 10, John 11
Please Pray for:
- St. Paul children and youth ministries.
- The Ukraine Mission Team.
- Ongoing Building Renovations, Modifications.
- Our families, homes, workplace, church, and community.
- Those who are unwillingly absent.
- Those who are grieving and depressed.
- The United Methodist Church.
- Our nation and our leaders.