One of the books that I’m reading (at this moment) is The Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer. When describing God’s goodness, Tozer wrote something that has enthralled my thoughts: “God has never been kinder than he is now nor will he ever be less kind.” Take a minute or two and allow that quote to whirl around in you mind. Seriously…stop for two minutes and just think on that quote.
God’s nature determines his actions. Because he is good, his actions are kind. He has never been kinder than he is now nor will he ever be less kind. How assuring. How comforting. Throughout this week, remind yourself of God’s goodness. God has never been kinder than he is now nor will he ever be less kind.
This week’s reading:
- Monday – Acts 2
- Tuesday – Acts 3
- Wednesday – Acts 4
- Thursday – Acts 5
- Friday –Acts 6, Acts 7
Please Pray for:
- Those who are grieving and depressed.
- Those who are unwillingly absent.
- Our families, homes, workplace, church, and community.
- Our nation and our leaders.
- Ongoing Building Renovations, Modifications, and Phase 3: Completion of New Youth Building and rear parking.
- The United Methodist Church.