Thinking about the holiness of God and the moral demands of Christianity, Philip Yancey said, “Having fallen from the absolute ideal, we have nowhere to land but in the safety net of absolute grace. Praise God, that net will never let us slip through.” I find great comfort in the net of grace that always holds.
This net of grace is something we constantly need reminding of particularly when we find ourselves in need of forgiveness. It is here that I like this prayer:
“Idealistic, gracious God, I don’t want to break our relationship for I want to live as a Christian disciple however hard its demands, because however hard its demands, this relationship of hard love is where I want to be and where I need to be. Thankfully, through your grace it is where I can be. Thank you again for that constant net of grace that catches me. Amen.”
This week’s reading:
- Monday – Acts 8-9
- Tuesday – Acts 10-11
- Wednesday – Acts 12
- Thursday – Acts 13-14
- Friday –Acts 15-16
Please Pray for:
- Those who are grieving and depressed.
- Those who are unwillingly absent.
- Our families, homes, workplace, church, and community.
- Our nation and our leaders.
- Ongoing Building Renovations, Modifications, and Phase 3: Completion of New Youth Building and rear parking.
- The United Methodist Church.